Wow... Happy Anniversary to my beautiful dd and dsil. Can't believe a year has passed already since my baby girl became a wife. And now she's going to be a mother. I still can't get over how fast time flies. People have always told me "The older you get, the faster time flies". I used to think NO WAY, it can't go any faster than it already does, but by golly, those folks were right. It sure seems like only yesterday I was changing diapers and all that fun stuff that she now has in her future!
Hubby and I went on a road trip yesterday. There was supposed to be a "100 mile yard sale" and we thought it sounded like fun. Well, there wasn't a lot of sales at either end of the 100 miles, but we did have fun and found a lot of good bargains. Of course we bought several things for the baby, including a swing. The cover is pretty dirty, but Grandma here can make a new one if it doesnt' come clean in the wash! I may do it anyway, just to make it "ours"!
We also bought a storm door for our back door. The dog had demolished the old one, and we took our chances on this one for $10. Lo and behold it FITS!! WOOHOO. Now I think he's back there trying to hang it by himself, so I'd better go offer some help! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
4 comments:
My mother always says the older you get the faster time goes. She's said that since I was a kid and I always thought that was the silliest thing. She says, "The kids go back to school, then it's Halloween and then it's Christmas" and I'm believing more and more every year that it is so true. Poor Thanksgiving gets lost in the shuffle and I LOVE Thanksgiving.
what a neat idea for a road trip... 100 miles of garage sales is a lot of sales!
What a good looking couple--bet you have a gorgeous grand child!
It doesn't seem that long to me either! I'm still using up the muslin from her wedding tablecloths... :D
Tell her I said congrats!
Post a Comment