Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Friday, December 01, 2006





SNOW...... Well, the ice finally turned to snow sometime during the night. But before it did, the roof of my "carport(tarp over a metal frame) fell on top of my car. With a heavy heart, I had to knock all the ice off the tarp so I could survey the damage and see if any windows were broken or any other damage. THANK GOD there was no damage that I could see, so we avoided that one catastraphe. But my car can't move til we take the hacksaw to the poles and get them out of the way. At least I have the old ford if I need to get anywhere.. As you can see the difference from the shot I showed of it yesterday, we really got the snow! Then, the swan shows how deep it is, as well. And I couldn't get my back door open, and showing the reason for that, as well. If this new google version(I just switched this morning) will let me, I'll show a few more pictures I took on my outing into the yard this morning! I thought the snow on the roof was pretty the way it drifted. I covered my car with the tarp since I can't move it, anyway. My front steps look more like a ramp. Wish I could have taken a picture before I had to make footprints! Then, I took another shot of the little weeping cherry tree.
Ok, I've procrastinated enough. I got all the units sewn for the bullfrogs, and now they need to be trimmed....my least favorite part. But I'm going to force myself to do it now, so will try to have some quilty pictures to post later! Hope you are all having a good day!




4 comments:

Linda C said...

regular winter wonderland out there. I am glad that the vehicle did not appear damaged but the carport is obviously done in.

I don't miss the snow and ice one iota. Ice is the worst though.

Joyce said...

Join the club with the snow although ours is dry and seems to do less damage. Great weather for quilting, if I could just tear myself away from this computer.

Finn said...

Hi Ann, boy, oh boy, you sure got clobbered!!! That's probably enough snow to last til spring, right??? Luckily it all went south of us, crossing the very southern part of WI. I'm up in Northwest central WI...a fairly straight line east of Mpls-St Paul.
Thanks so much for stopping over at my blog lately....sorry I haven't been getting around the ring as much as I used to...*VBS* I really appreciate the nice things you said..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Patti said...

Oh my Ann - old man winter sure hit your area with a vengeance. I'm so sorry about the mishap to your car, but so glad there was no damage to the vehicle itself. What a pain - but with all that snow I'm sure you aren't planning to go anywhere anytime soon. I am jealous, however, I'll have you know. I so want one really good snowfall this year - preferrably around Christmas!