Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007




WOW... I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted. Of course, I've made 2 trips up to see this big boy since then, and on one of those trips, I brought him home with me to spend the night. He's growing so fast. Can't believe he's almost 4 months old already. But then, his mama shouldn't be going on 23, either! We're not sure what his face was all about in the bottom one, but it was to funny not to share!

I'm hoping to have quilty pictures soon. I've actually been back in the sewing room again, after a hum drum period of just not having the motivation to sew. Guess I go thru these slumps every so often, and when I'm in one, I'm likely to get frustrated and toss something away if I force myself, so I just don't! Spent 2 days in there this past weekend, though, so surely I'll have something to show soon! Oh, wait, I can show my fabric bins all nicely sorted out. I have 10 bins, and the fabric is divided into colors. These bins are where I keep fabric that I have 1 yard or less of. Not sure if you can tell it or not, but my blues, greens and misc(prints with several colors or novelty fabrics) are overflowing. The orange bin isn't far from it. Not sure what has got me into buying so many oranges lately. Started with my project for the Memphis retreat last year and has just mushroomed from there! Like suddenly, I fell in love with orange!


I didn't realize til I put up this shelf a couple of months ago, just how many quilt books I have! It's unreal. And I keep buying more. Not sure why, but books and patterns appeal to me, even though I know I have more than I'll ever make in this lifetime. And I also have a big chest of drawers full of fabrics, too.....all my holiday fabric in one drawer, and the others are just full of larger pieces of fabric. I think I have an addiction to it all! hehe....anyway, it's getting late and I need to get a couple more things done b4 bedtime. Happy Wednesday(or whatever day it is when you read this, but tomorrow is Wednesday for me!)

1 comment:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Glad to see you back!

Quiltpox is a lovely disease to be sick with.