
6 Months........ I can't believe 6 months have gone by already. Well, going on 7 now, but here is the picture the kids had made to mark Caleb turning 6 months old. We got to keep him overnight a couple of weeks ago, and he is such a little sweetheart. I love babies anyway, but to have one with such a sweet disposition is even better. His mama and uncle were happy babies, too. During 11 years of babysitting, I kept several......then there are those fussy babies who always seem to find something to be unhappy about. Caleb always seems to be ready to flash his bright smile, even when he's wore out. He does fight sleep. I guess he's afraid he'll miss something! We are supposed to get him 2 nights in September and I'm really looking forward to that.
On the quilting front, I recently had to spend a week in a motel while I took training to work the window at the Post Office. Since I was there alone, I took my sewing machine and supplies and actually finished a quilt top while I was there. I thought I had pictures of it, but apparently I haven't uploaded them to the pc yet. Will do that later this week.
The job is going fine. We had a tragedy hit last week, though. One of our carriers was washed down a creek during a flood and we lost him. He was a really good guy and will be sadly missed by all who knew him. He was afraid of water, so no one can believe he would have voluntarily tried to cross that creek, and some one who went down and saw the area after it happened said his opinion was that the guy was trying to turn around and got sucked into the raging waters. You never know what is under that water, so please, when you see water crossing the road, do not attempt to cross it. In this case, the culvert that went under the road had washed away, so where there used to be road, was now a big crevice. And where the ditch had been just a shallow one, was now 3 ft deep.
I told the Postmaster yesterday we were wondering where the "Part time" was in this so called part time job. I've worked at least 50 hours every week since I've been there! He told me things may slow down this winter(I'm assuming he means AFTER the holidays, lol, although we have a clerk who is due to deliver a baby right around Christmas, so not really counting on time off then, either) I am liking the job, so that is a plus. We have just been short handed, so everyone is having to work a few more hours to take up the slack. One lady who has been on sick leave since I started is supposed to come back today, so maybe that will help some. He(the Postmaster) told me yesterday that I started during a really bad time, and he apologized because I had really just kind of been "thrown to the wolves". But he thanked me for hanging in there and sticking with it! I really liked him from the moment I met him, and haven't changed my opinion yet! Haven't really had the chance to spend much time with him since I started, but he still seems to be a really nice guy.
Well, I still have a little time, so I think I'll go visit some of you before I have to get ready for work!
1 comment:
What a handsome fellow you have there, Ann. That smile is going to get him out of a lot of scrapes or into big trouble with the girls as he grows up, LOL.
Glad that the job change is going well even if you are not quite "part time". So sad about the carrier.
Post a Comment