Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Berries and "How I spent my day off"!

First, here is a picture of a ripe strawberry! I picked a bunch today, some from my garden, and some from my neighbors, who is out of town while her berries are getting ripe!



Next, is a picture of my mailbox. The flowers are finally starting to grow and are looking good.



Then a shot of the flower bed after I planted the impatiens to replace the iris' I dug up Sunday. The flowers are still pretty small, so not showing up real well, but I think it already looks 100 times better. I'll take another picture after they grow a bit. If you click on the picture, it will show it bigger so you can see it a bit better.




And last, but not least, here is my newest project. Last night, Mark ran the cultivator along the outside of the dog's pen, which is just outside the back door. This is what it looked like this morning.
I planted SOME of the iris in there, and decided it needed something more for when the iris' die back, so back to the greenhouse I went and bought another flat of impatiens and here is the result so far.


2 comments:

Patty said...

When we lived in Missouri we used to pick wild strawberries at my grandma's house. The were small but so good.

I love your mailbox!

Ann said...

The leaves on my strawberries are huge, so that berry is a pretty good sized berry. I picked them all sizes. Ended up with a gallon baggie full! :)