Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Monday, January 30, 2012

I haven't gotten much sewing done the last few days, but we have been working on my new sewing machine desk/table. We are recycling an old shelving unit I saved from heading to the dump. I thought we'd use it in our flea market booth, but Mark didn't like it. Now I'm glad he didn't! It's working out great for my desk. I forgot to take a picture of it til he was already making that first cut. We cut the top off, and that is the main part of the base. I bought a nice piece of wood for the top. I'll post more pictures when it's done. It's hard for me to remember to take pictures when I'm wrapped up in a project like this. The beautiful weather we are experiencing should allow me to paint it tomorrow, and hopefully get it put together. I have all the components done, just need to put them together and add a coat of paint to the base, and a coat of Polyurethane to the top. Going to paint the base white, and just seal the top, letting the prettiness of the pine show thru!

No comments: