Hi, my name is Ann and I live in South Central Missouri. I've been sewing and crafting for years. Quilting is probably my biggest passion, but I dabble in lots of different crafts. I work for the USPS, but my favorite title is "Grandma". I have 2 great kids and 2 even greater grandbabies!
Welcome to my corner of the world!
Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Just checking in...... Well, I dont' have any new pictures uploaded, but wanted to check in. Things are proceeding with mother in law. She goes tomorrow (Monday) to see the surgeon, and hopefully schedule the surgery to have her toes amputated. She is very scared, but in so much pain, she's ready to get it over with. Her dh will finally have to be put in a home. She just cannot take care of him any longer and has finally accepted that fact and the fact that she herself will probably be in a home for a while til she can become mobile again after this surgery. I have been working on the frogs and hope to have some pics of them later this week. Have a great week everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
will keep you and your family in my prayers, Ann.
Rough times for you. Having been through this with my own parents just a couple of years ago I can relate only too well.
Prayers and good thoughts headed your way.
Whoever said "getting old is not for sissies" had it right. We think when we're little that things that go bump in the night are as scary as it can get. And then we get old, and have to have toes removed, and worry about who will take care of the others who need even more care than we do.
Thank goodness there are places that can take care of us when we can't do it for ourselves.
Prayers for you and your MIL and DIL are headed your way even now.
Keep working on those frogs. I want to see what this is going to be in the end.
Lauren
Ann - You're a stronger person than you realize to be dealing w/this situation. I had a lousy day dealing w/my high school students but that doesn't come close to what you're going thru. After reading your post, it made me stop and remember that family is much more important than work! Suzanne
Love the frogs - the blue and green really pop! And so sorry to hear of your MIL and FIL problems. It's not easy to be the "parent" with the parents, and it's harder still to see them decline. I'll keep them AND you in my prayers.
Post a Comment