
Block 4. Well, I take all of these pictures with the same camera, but for some reason, to me they look different colors. I'm still no expert with the digi camera! Anywhoo.......we had a great visit with the inlaws yesterday. DH got the weeds knocked down for his dad and we came home with a couple of small antique items that were just collecting dust in Dad's shed!
Today after work, I am going to the QS to get my block # 6. While I am there, I am going to pick up some of the gold fabric they use in these blocks and I'm going to do some hand applique on them rather than use those 4 huge printed blocks for the centers. I have to do something to make it MINE! I guess that's why the Quilt Mavericks blog ring captures my attn. I try to read thru the ring every few days! When I started this project, I loved the whole quilt, but the more I have looked at it, while I still love the quilt, I just feel the need to do something different than everyone else who is doing this. I'm thinking Baltimore Album style appliques, but who knows what I'll come up with! I have snips and scraps leftover from each block, and am hoping there is enough there to do whatever I decide. Will play in EQ5 to decide for sure. Actually, I think I just had a great idea pop into my head, but I'm not sharing til it's on fabric! hehe.
Ok, guess I need to go hit the shower. I really should be getting myself ready for work really early this week in preperation for next week, but why bother. I'll do it when I have to! Hope everyone has a glorious week!
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how those cameras have a mind of their own. The block look great, just pale..LOL
I'll be excited to see what you come up with from your great idea and scraps. But doing it like the class sample isn't all that bad either. It was a very attractive quilt.
I think I have a gene flaw, I see a quilt like that, and I soooo want to make it. But then upon closer inspection, I immediately want to change some part of it.
I've sort of earned myself the title of "Re-inventer of the wheel"..and it fits..LOL Definitely a flaw in my perfection..LOL
This is precisly why I always take about 4 pictures for every one that comes out right! If you go to Finn's site and click on the little tiny colorful box after her posts it will take you to Picasa which is a free program that is so amasing, you will love it. It takes your pics, lets you change them, and make them super. Colors, size, everything.
Love the blocks, it's coming along really nicely, I've seen pictures of this quilt before so it will be nice to see it made! I used to work for a company that handled drug screenings, you wouldn't want to know some of the things people do to pass a drug test. That was one great place you went to, very thorough.
Now that's something I LOVE to hear - yes yes yes, make it YOURS. Judy gave you excellent advice - try Picasa.
Post a Comment