

Not quilty fabric, but....... I found these 2 pieces of flannel in the remnant bin at the Mennonite fabric store this morning and thought they'd be adorable for the outer layer of the fitted cloth diapers I'm making for the baby. I'm sure you all know how it is..you see something that you just CAN'T resist! And these will work for a boy or a girl. Now I just have to figure out the waterproof layer I will put between this pretty fabric and the inner absorbant layers. I found a great site online that gave a free pattern to make them. They are sure a far cry from the diapers hubby and I folded and put on OUR kids!(those were his words when he saw the ones I had bought).
On a quilty note, I did stop at the quilt shop and picked up Block #7 of my Harvest Spice BOM. 2 more months and all of the blocks will be done. Maybe THEN, the shop owner will sell me some of the fabric so I can start my applique blocks! She kind of got this worried look in her eyes when I told her of my plan to change out the big blocks. I think she feared that I wouldn't buy the printed panels that are a part of the whole thing. I told her I'd use them for pillows or something. She looked relieved!
Ok, it's going on 11 pm, and anyone who knows me, knows it's WAAAY past my bedtime, Friday night or not! lol Will be up late tomorrow evening, too, as we are meeting friends at the big town fireworks celebration. Have a great weekend, everyone!
4 comments:
Those are going to be cute!
Of course, I much prefer the ease of the disposable ones... lol
Can you send me the link to the diaper pattern, and tell me what you find for the inner layer? I'd love to make some of these also. I think cloth diapers are better for both the baby and the environment. The only people the disposable ones are better for is the parents and/or caregiver - just my humble opinion!
Love the flannel... for the waterproof layer we used oilcloth on the ones I made many years ago. Its not so easy to find anymore, but there are a few places that still carry it....
Hi Ann, that flannel is adorable no matter what you use it for...I love it!!!
Good going on getting block 7 picked..hurray for almost done!!! Hugs, Finn
Post a Comment