Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Sunday, August 06, 2006


Camping... We landed in SC on Sunday, then on Monday, we went camping til Wednesday. This picture shows how we "roughed" it! When dh and I go camping, we go in tents and sleeping bags, so this was really living in luxury for us! Mom and Dad were a little upset they didn't have thier new camper yet, it's supposed to arrive this week, but thier old one is still extremely nice to us. We slept in the one on the left, which belongs to my aunt and uncle because they had a little more room and Mom and Dad had my niece and nephew. We could have fit in thiers, but we just decided it would be easier to sleep in my aunts.

We got home late last night and it feels good to be home. We did have a little excitement at the airport, though. I was picked randomly to "pat down". Ok, no big deal, I cooperated and it was over in a couple of seconds. But then when dh came thru the metal detector, he set it off. He'd forgot to take his phone off his hip, so that set it off......he tried to hand it off to me, but the guy jumped between us and wouldn't let him. We hadn't thought about it, we were just doing what was normal to us(him handing me things to hold for him). It was really funny afterwards when we got to talking about it. Anyway, that still didn't fix the problem. The snaps on his waistband and pockets of his shorts were setting off the wand. The guy had to feel to make sure nothing was in his pocket, then they made him unsnap the waistband and show them the snap there. As I said, we laughed about it later, (ok, I laughed during, too) but it's nice to know that they are taking so many steps to assure our safety. This trip was dh's first ever flying and I hadn't flown since I was 11 years old, so it's been a while for me, too. He loved it and I see more flights in our future!

Now things will get back to normal and I can get caught up on everything. Unfortunately, that includes going back to work tomorrow..UGH....oh well, life goes on. Hopefully, I can catch up with all of you this week, too. Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

quiltpixie said...

glad you were able to laughabout it after the fact. I feel sorry for the security people given some of the responses they get from people. Sounds like you handled it well :-)

Linda C said...

Welcome home, Ann. Sensitive equipment if the snaps and fasteners on one's britches will set something off. Next they will want clothing removed and put in those bins---not a pretty sight!

ForestJane said...

Glad you made it back safely, and hope your return to work wasn't as bad as you were dreading!