Froggy #1. Only 3 more to go! Had a lot of problems getting started, though. First, I designed these quilts in EQ5, which I absolutely ADORE.......but when I printed out the paper piece patterns, I didn't like the way EQ had grouped the pieces, so I regrouped and renumbered it MY way. HAHA......MY way is not always the BEST way, as I learned after I got into the sewing part. I had an "odd" line. But, rather than start all over again, I just sewed a partial seam, added the next element, then went back and closed off the seam. Not a big deal, just an unexpected pain because of my hard headedness! Oh well, only 3 more to do, so I'll just deal with the partial seams. Now I'm off to sew a turtle. Hope he goes together quicker than the frog! Maybe I'll have another picture to post later this evening..
Hi, my name is Ann and I live in South Central Missouri. I've been sewing and crafting for years. Quilting is probably my biggest passion, but I dabble in lots of different crafts. I work for the USPS, but my favorite title is "Grandma". I have 2 great kids and 2 even greater grandbabies!
Welcome to my corner of the world!
Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!
Monday, April 17, 2006
Froggy #1. Only 3 more to go! Had a lot of problems getting started, though. First, I designed these quilts in EQ5, which I absolutely ADORE.......but when I printed out the paper piece patterns, I didn't like the way EQ had grouped the pieces, so I regrouped and renumbered it MY way. HAHA......MY way is not always the BEST way, as I learned after I got into the sewing part. I had an "odd" line. But, rather than start all over again, I just sewed a partial seam, added the next element, then went back and closed off the seam. Not a big deal, just an unexpected pain because of my hard headedness! Oh well, only 3 more to do, so I'll just deal with the partial seams. Now I'm off to sew a turtle. Hope he goes together quicker than the frog! Maybe I'll have another picture to post later this evening..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He's so cute!
I love the water-droplet green fabric you made his body with. :) Are you going to paint or embroider the eyes?
Post a Comment