Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Sunday, April 30, 2006



Frogs and turtles..... Well, the centers for the baby quilts are done, but I'm not "in love" with them as much as I thought I'd be. I think once I get more done and add some more color to them, I'll like them better. I sure hope so. I'd hate to ditch these blocks and start with a whole new color pallette for this part....but that's just what I'm wanting to do at this moment.........***sigh. However, since it is going on 10 PM and my alarm goes off at 4, I'm definitely done sewing for tonight. Maybe I'll feel differently in the morning. Going to cut some strips and lay them out and see if that changes things........hoping it will! This is a quilt as you go project, so once I get started, it will go fast. Oh well, I'll sleep on it and see what happens......

4 comments:

ForestJane said...

I think they're cute!

And when you add some of that letter fabric to the borders, it'll be perfect.

I like quilts that are meant to be loved and used. With the big initial on each one, the babies they're meant for will learn the first letter of their name quickly! :)

Quiltgranny said...

I think the blocks are sure cute! Maybe when you quilt them the life will come into them for you again! Sometimes you work too close and too long on a project to really see it's impact. And I agree that the letter fabric will pull them all together again!

KC Quilter said...

Love the turtles! They are adorable. KC Quilter PS I'm a Missourian too.

Hunter said...

The blocks are really cute.

But can you hear the wheels spinning in my brain? Spraying the layers together so they don't skid? Clever. And something I've never thought about. Is this something you do all the time?

I'm off to snoop in my quilting books. (It's times like this I wish I had as many quilting books as I do knitting books.) LOL.

Thanks for sharing Ann.

Darilyn