
Quilty stuff.....
Well, I don't have any new pictures to post, but got to thinking about the last couple of things I did actually finish that I have photos of and thought why not show them. This table runner was a housewarming gift for some good friends of ours. She told me she was decorating her dining room in wines, so I hoped she meant literally, not just the color and made her this tablerunner. I was pretty sure it was as safe bet, as her dh is the assistant plant supervisor in the barrel factory my dh works in....so wine(and whiskey) are their business. She LOVED it! Posting a couple of close ups, too. The center grapes were appliqued by hand, and I'm showing the end because I loved the wine bottle fabric I found to use on this. I used that on the back as well.



For Christmas this past year, I made a couple of chicken pincushions. I thought I had pictures of both, but can only find one tonight. This one was made for our guilds gift exchange. We play a game we calle "dirty Santa" where gifts get "stolen" and some of them really make the rounds. This little guy changed hands several times before the game was over! We have a lot of fun with this and it makes you feel good when your gift is one they "fight" over!
I have been working on the turtles for the twin quilts. Have changed the design just a bit. Instead of a pinwheel block in the center, I'm going to applique an A in one and a B in the other..initials for Addison and Brayden. I have all of the components for the turtles done and pressed. Just need to trim them down and stitch them together. Then I can do the frogs. Am probably going to try to get all of those done and then assemble the 2 quilts at the same time so I can make sure I do them the same. The only difference is going to be the Frog/Turtle and the A and B. I also have a quilt top for a Widow's support group that has to be quilted by May 23 that I really need to get busy on.
Maybe I'd get more done if I didn't sit in front of the puter so long at a stretch! But........it'll all get done! The rain has postponed tomorrows yard sale, and dh doesn't have to work, so we find ourselves with a "free" Saturday! It's going to rain all day, but being in a drought, we need the rain so I'm not going to complain! Will post pictures of the turtles and frogs soon, I hope! Now I'm off to find the letter applique files for EQ5.
2 comments:
*grins*
Is it a mystery how well that table runner turned out?
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I read thru yours and love it. I an anxious to see the completed frog and turtle quilt. Thanks again.
Post a Comment