
Ok, here is a side view of the mailbox. you can barely see the little petunia coming out the bung hole(where they fill the barrels). I was going to cut holes sporadically in the barrel to have more growing out like that, but dh talked me out of it.
I have been working on straightening up the sewing room.......the cutting table has remnants from my last several projects and just didn't have room for any more! Have all the fabrics sorted and ready to put back in the bins with thier own color again...maybe that'll be the inspiration I need to get some sewing done!
3 comments:
How much dirt did you fill the barrel with? Did you have to put some cement down in the bottom to hold the mailbox post?
The mailbox is attached to a stave, which is bolted to the side of the inside of the barrel. The barrel is about half full of rocks and broken bricks(from the flowerbed we redid). I think I used 2 1/2 bags of topsoil which I mixed with peat moss...not sure of the ratio, I just mix it til it "looks" right.
Hey Ann,
Go check out this blog, look at the stack of minnow buckets that've been made into a planter. I betcha could find some buckets and stuff at all your auctions!
http://thequiltasylum.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment