
Auctions.... DH and I love to go to auctions. Sometimes we find bargains to sell on ebay, sometimes we find treasures to keep for ourselves. Then there are things like the quilt you see a part of in the photo. I buy them with the intention of trying to sell them on ebay, but then I get to thinking about how beautiful it is, even with the stains, rips and tears. Then I have the dilemma of whether to keep or sell. If I list it and it doesn't sell, then the decision is made for me, right? Can anyone tell I hate these kinds of decisions? Anyway, I bought 2 such treasures at an auction yesterday. I was playing around with the new "free" digital camera I got with an order of books, so don't have great pics to post yet, but will later. I also finished the turtle quilt, binding and all. I have less than half of the binding to stitch down on the froggy quilt for it to be done!! YEAAA! All's left is labels.
Now for the red white and blue Widow's support group quilt. I have to get it quilted this afternoon so I can have the binding done on it by Tuesday night. Shouldn't be a problem since I'm just doing straight line quilting in the ditch on this one. I'll try to find the time to get some good pics of all of these today during my breaks from sewing. Hope you all are having a great Sunday!
3 comments:
Hi Ann, good to see you, as always!
I really like the applique quilt you are showing us today, you don't see pointsettias that much as applique. At least that's what they look like to me.
Oh, that applique quilt is a beauty! I can see why you'd hate to part with it.
I like the scalloped edges, and always admire the skill it takes to do them. So you have any clue how old it might be? It's lovely, despite the stains I see on the larger picture.
Post a Comment