
EEEEEKKKK..........
another one......so I DO have 20 UFO's. Oh well, that number will be back down to 18 in a couple of weeks. I'll have the baby quilts and the Widows support group quilt all done soon! This one is a paper pieced eagle I did for my dh over a year ago. But, b4 I got it finished, he and I got in a HUGE fight over what I did all week the week I was off(he thought I should have been cleaning house but I was working on this surprise for him instead). Anyway, so I threw it at him and said, "HERE is what I did all week"...but could not find it in me to do any more to it, I was so angry! I eventually did spray baste the 3 layers together, but have yet to quilt it. Maybe I'll get it done for him for our anniversary next month! It's small and should be an easy one to get done! Also was thinking about maybe listing a couple of the other tops on ebay and seeing if I get any bites.....That would help shorten my list, too! (not to mention give me more fabric $$) **evil grin.........but WHICH ones am I willing to part with? Decisions, decisions!
I also sat and watched a couple of movies today and sewed on my cathedral windows section. Julie may forget ever asking for this by the time I get it to any size! I'm doing smaller sections than the author of the website suggested, but I'm doing what I'm comfortable with. I'm doing this in greens and burgundy/mauves. The light mauve looks more pink on my screen, but it blends in pretty well. And I'm sure it will even better when I have more of it together.
I did get the quilting done on the turtle quilt, but the only picture I was happy with was the close up of the center. I'll take a better one tomorrow of the whole thing. Meanwhile, here is what I did to the center.
I also did some sorting of yardsale items(the yard sale a couple of weeks ago got rained out so has yet to happen). Really hoping to have it next weekend. Our drought is over, now we need a break in the rain. The rivers are full and the garden is a muddy mess......some of us are just never satisfied, huh? Myself, I think Mother Nature is going thru the change and can't make up her mind WHAT kind of weather she wants to throw our way! Oh well....on that note, I'll post this and go see what all of you were up to today!
4 comments:
Am loving all three of those quilts!!! The eagle quilt is stunning. Your turtles look amazing. And one of the ribbon winners at our quilt show was a bedsize Cathedral Windows!!!
Really neat how diverse your quilting interests are...*VBS* That eagle piece sure does look like A LOT of work. I think it would be good to finish it up and have it off your conscience and out of your memory. Great windows..such alot of work tho. Really cute baby quilts, love the letters in the middle. I'm sure they will be loved and well used by those babies...*S*
I was thinking like Finn, how different all your quilting is. Isn't that wonderful? And in the quilting somewhere on the eagle quilt, you should quilt something hidden like the word "forgiveness" or "I still love you even though you yelled at me when I was working my fingers to the quick making you a fabulous surprise". LOL!
I remember talking to you the week of the Eagle quilt... :) but I didn't know you'd stopped all work on it. Saving the Eagle from a quilty extinction is a good goal, because you really did put a LOT of time into it.
I think you could put something in the eagle quilt (or on the back) that only you and dh would understand. "Eagles are beautiful, but sometimes have messy nests..." or some quote that sounds like it's off the nature channel... lol
And the turtle middle turned out so cute! I can hardly wait to see the whole thing.
Hoping for good weather for your garage sale - we've had a very wet week south of you too.
Post a Comment