Welcome to my corner of the world!

Here's where you'll find pictures of my family, quilts and flowers, or whatever else I happen to take a picture of!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nothing new today... Nothing new going on here(well, nothing I have pictures of, anyway), so I thought I'd post yet another picture of one of my many many ufo's. This is a round robin top I did a few years ago with an online group. Green is my favorite color and this is the top that covers one of the walls in my sewing room. Not sure if you can tell from the pic or not, but the flying geese in the corners are 3d. I could never decide how I wanted to quilt this one, so it never got done! I think it looks great as wall decor myself, but one day, maybe I'll bite the bullet and take it down and finish it.
Last night(yes, it is only 4:45 am here now and I'm up and going) I went to a freinds house and helped her work on dresses for her ds's wedding. The wedding is one month from today and they have 4 brides maids dresses, the brides dress, the grooms mothers dress, the flower girl and ring bearers outfits all yet to finish! And I thought *I* waited til the last minute on things for my dd's wedding! The mother of the bride lives in another state and I don't think they are very close, so the grooms mother is the one doing the bulk of the work. It was a lot of fun to go over and be involved last night! I may go again on Thursday, just for the entertainment factor(Not to mention the fact, I KNOW they could use help! hehe) My freind is a school teacher, and after next week will have days free, and has no children at home any more, so she'll get it done.....she(we) may be sewing on June 9th to get it done, but I have no doubt it will be done!

3 comments:

ForestJane said...

Wow, Ann, that's a beautiful quilt!

Not sure I'd know what to quilt on it either, but surely you and your long-armed friend could come up with something!

Hunter said...

What an amazing quilt.

I never realized how hard it was to figure how how something wants to be quilted until my last project. It's amazing how quilts demand the proper quilting just like yarn demands the proper project.

You can try to force them into doing something they don't want to do, but they'll win in the long run. LOL.

Darilyn

Finn said...

A really beautiful top Ann, I hope you do decide to finish it. Sure looks like a lot of work went into it.