
B is for done... Ok, I know that doesn't make sense, but who said I ever make sense? No one I know! Big goofy grin. Anyway, the baby quilts are all done and bound. Just waiting for the birth announcements I was told are on their way so I can get the spelling of the names right for the labels. Addison Chase and Brayden Isaiah are the names, but these days, you cannot count on the spellings, so I will wait til I get confirmation. I'm told a stack of pictures are accompanying the announcements!I LOVE pictures. Especially baby pictures. I can't wait til I get my hands on these little guys in August. Sometimes I really hate living so far from my family. Oh well, like Finn, I deal with what life throws at me.
I also got the rwb quilt quilting finished tonight. This quilt is a guild project that we are donating to a Widows Support group. They are widows of soldiers. The quilt has signature blocks surrounding a flag. They will put the names of their lost loved ones in the squares. I haven't got the binding on yet, but will post a picture as soon as I do.We've been invited to deliver it at a ceremony they are having for KIA/MIA in September. I thought she was coming to get it tomorrow night, so this just bought me more time to bind it. I hadn forgotten about a hanging sleeve. And should I give them a pole to put in it? All of this will be addressed at the guild meeting tomorrow night. Then I can get this quilt done and put it away til September. By then, maybe I won't be the guild president any more and it can become some one else's responsibility! I have a sneaking suspiscion that I'll end up with the job one more year. Our guild is VERY laid back and unstructured(I think that's a good way to describe us). We are more in it for the fun and comaraderie than anything else. We laugh a LOT and keep each other inspired and entertained. We range in age from early 20's to late 70's, I believe.
Well, it is getting very late, so I'd better head for bed. Going to be without my 2 seamstresses tomorrow, so I'll probably be wearing several hats and run ragged at work(I am the cutter in an upholsery dept. of a boat factory). I used to be a seamstress, but after sewing all day, didn't want to sew at home, so switched jobs! Still sew occasionally, but not very often. Gn all. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow evening after my guild meeting!
6 comments:
Oh, Ann. How beautiful. :)
Darilyn
Don't forget to get a pic of the r,w,and blue one, I don't think I've seen it in fabric yet. :)
And the B baby quilt looks great! I want to try that method you did of quilt as you go eventually.
I really like the A and B quilts. Very cute, they will be adored!!
Well Ann, I would say, B is for Beautiful, and when A joins it, A can be for adorable!!!
Good job on getting the twin quilts to the ready point. I know the babies will love them..*VBS*
what sweet baby quilts and I love that poinsettia quilt--that is probably mispelled and I sure hope that is what the flower is. I did not get the ability to I.D. plants and trees like my grandma did. She is a whiz!
Fun baby quilts...I'm sure they will love them!
Siobhan
Post a Comment